Who We Are
Seasons began with the idea we could create an organization that not only helped people in addiction but actually improved the state of addiction treatment resources for everyone, a place where we could bring together the best minds and resources to create something truly new, better and at the leading edge in the treatment of addiction and its co occurring disorders.
In this we have succeeded. The Seasons rehab Malibu program has been full or near full since it’s inception taking people in from across North America and the rest of the world and helping them and their families address, understand and manage the disease of addiction.
We approach addiction as an opportunity for change, a time to start new, and we are both optimistic and pragmatic in our approach. We see success every day and that is just the truth of our program– it works–and it will continue to work, as long as the patients embraces it and we do our jobs.
We are conducting studies of outcome, creating new tools to assess families, patients and their aftercare, and we are synthesizing the latest understanding of systems and network science into the treatment of addiction.
At our California drug treatment center, we are committed to our local communities both in their bricks and mortar and recovery components, supporting our schools and local families and also the local communities of recovery that help sustain us also.
Our plan for the future is to expand in the quality and capacity to treat clients as our demand increases and to continue to provide the highest levels of treatment resource at a price that can be met by a majority of our society. We are not new at this but we are still and freshly enthusiastic and excited about our future as an organization of service, and about the future of our clients.
We are clinically credentialed and skilled and committed to providing a clinically rigorous program including patient assessment, formal treatment planning, checklist based treatment execution, professional case management and peer treatment team review of patient care. The clinical side of our drug rehabilitation service includes
- Individual Comprehensive testing and assessment using more than a dozen assessment tools.
- Intervention into the Family System with Assessment and Treatment Recommendations
- Individual Psychotherapy with each client to whatever need the patient requires
- Couples and Family Therapy through Education, Process work and Experiential Family Therapy
- Medical Assessment and strong medical management of any and all medical issues
- Psychiatric Assessment and treatment of any Co Occurring Disorders
- Assessment for and treatment of Trauma in a specific trauma related treatment Track
- Individual access upon need to Dialectical Behavior Treatment, EMDR, and other clinically proven successful treatment modalities our assessments indicate are appropriate
Our research and that of many treatment professionals shows us that there are many activities of life that are useful in the healing of the body and the brain and we offer many interesting and creative activities such as;
- Meditation and Yoga
- Expressive Arts therapy
- Creative writing and Journaling
- Fitness training
- Culinary Arts
- Nutrition counseling
- Ocean Adventure including Surfing, Swimming and Kayaking
- Adventure and Wilderness Therapy including Mountain Climbing
- Martial Arts
- Film and scriptwriting projects
- Academic and vocational support
We are continually adding to and adjusting the list of activities to continue to challenge and motivate our clients.
We take the trust you give us very seriously and the challenge of addiction is one to respect and give careful intelligent response to. We put our entire focus on making sure this is done as well as it can be done, and we invite you to participate in this success with us.
Seasons is licensed by the California State Department of Alcohol and Drug Program and is a member of the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers.